A bridge over Abava in Kandava
In Kandava, the oldest boulder bridge in Latvia crosses over the river Abava. Up to 1873, people crossed Abava with a ferry, but pedestrians could cross it on a plank-way. The bridge was constructed on the ground. After its construction, a new river bed was dug for Abava, and the old one was filled up. The bridge has four valves and it is 66 m long. Construction of the bridge was financed by the Zemīte Manor baron - Theodore von Fircks. The bridge was renovated in year 1997.
Address: Lielā iela/Jelgavas iela, Kandava